Remembrance Day and the WW1 Centenary
Bible resources for your Remembrance Day events
Last year we developed Remembrance resources for churches and schools to help people reflect on the WW1 centenary. All these resources are available for this year's Remembrance Day, as well as some downloads to commemorate the life of Edith Cavell:
- A replica edition of our 1914 Active Service John’s Gospel for use in schools, church services and civic events. Order the Gospel here.
- Background information on the WW1 Gospels and ideas on how to use them in your church. Download our information pack here.
- Remembrance Day prayer card, available to order here.
- Remembrance Day video resource for use during the two minutes silence - watch on YouTube or download from Vimeo.
- New for 2015 - drama script to commemorate 100 years since the death of Edith Cavell, detailing her life and faith in God. Download
- Christmas resource Silent Night to tell the unique story of the Christmas truce. Order Silent Night and download the resource pack.
- WW1 film resources for use in churches and youth groups, or for individual reflection. Watch the videos on YouTube.
- Scripture Union have created lesson plans and ideas for teachers, to accompany the gospel. Download the plans here.
- Youth For Christ have developed lesson plans for teenagers that explore the big questions surrounding the First World War, such as the cost of war and sacrifice Download them from the YFC website.